Challenge: 5th August
Going into its 4th year in Bendigo, the Super 10’s is the leading development program for players 10 years of age and under in the region. Following the challenge day, up to 16 players will be allocated into 4 teams which will be managed by one of our local Club Professional Coaches, either Stephen Storer(Bendigo TA), Andrew Crossman(Rich River), David Starling(Kyabram) or Kieran Fitzgerald(South Bendigo). Players will play one singles and one doubles match each week, with matches timed and last for 50 minutes.
As a guideline for participation in this program, players should be able to perform the following green ball key competencies. If unsure, please speak to your child’s private coach to assess whether Super 10s is the appropriate competition for the player’s stage of development.
– Differentiate speed and spin on first and second serves
– Rally crosscourt for 10–15 shots varying height over the net, depth, speed and spin
– Use approach, drive volley, volley and overhead in an offensive way
– Keep great posture and maintain balance from a wide, narrow, and one-legged base
– Display independence; pack their own bag for matches and practice, and complete a regular warm-up routine and practice regularly without the coach
Date: Saturday 5th August, 1.00pm – 3.00pm
Registrations Close: Tuesday 1st August @ 5.00pm
Program Cost: $120 per player per term, includes player uniform
Registrations: click here.
More info: http://www.tennis.com.au/leagues/super-10s/victoria/bendigo-region
If your unable to make the challenge, but are interested in joining this seasons competition, please contact Stephen Storer on 0419 411 780 or Leon Retallick on 0438 395 776.